Senior Analyst - Evaluation & Capacity Building
We are seeking a full-time Senior Analyst to support research and technical assistance tasks for national and local initiatives across the US and abroad. Community Science is a fast-paced, mission-driven, and participatory environment where expertise is valued. You will work with federal and local agencies, philanthropies, and non-profit organizations on the cutting-edge of issues of equity and social change, amazing community leaders, and others on innovative and progressive initiatives. We will rely on your knowledge, skills, and experience in the research and evaluation of community and systems change in order to promote equity and social justice in the areas of income and wealth, health, systems of care, housing, law enforcement, and criminal justice, the quality of neighborhood life, and education. You must be well organized, have high standards for your work, and be committed to scientific rigor and progressive social change by using knowledge to support decision making, capacity building, and the continuous improvement of strategies that promote equity and social justice.
- Master's or doctoral degree in psychology, urban planning, sociology or other social science and minimum of four years of post-graduate experience in the implementation of research, evaluation, or capacity building of community or systems change projects;
- Prior evaluation or research experience as well substantive knowledge in at least one area of community change e.g., public health, housing and economic development, early childhood development, workforce development, or juvenile justice.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research skills, including data collection and management;
- Analysis skills, including the use of proficient computer analysis tools e.g. STATA, MS ACCESS or ArcGIS;
- Ability to present data in a succinct, engaging, and understandable manner.
- Ability to travel when that becomes a safe option;
- Strong communication written and verbal skills including contributions to publications
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Evaluation capacity building experience;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in using SQL Server or other relational web-based database management system language and software MS ACCESS proficiency is a plus;
- Experience in using Tableau software for visual analytics;
- Experience in using online survey tools e.g. Qualtrics;
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; and, significant opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Go to Community Science Careers to apply and communicate with us.
No phone calls, please.
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.
Visit our website http://www.communityscience.com for a more detailed description of our organization and where we are going.
Creating Social Change with Knowledge