Managing Associate for Evaluation & Capacity Building
Washington, DC Area
About Community Science:
Community Science's mission is to help build the capacity of organizations and institutions to develop healthy, just and equitable communities. We study and promote equitable community and system change. Our evaluation and research services are designed to develop the knowledge necessary to address social problems in a way that benefits all communities. Our other primary services include capacity-building products and assistance such as consultation, training, webinars, applications, and guides for practitioners.
The Managing Associate position is located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our office is in Gaithersburg, MD. We are specifically looking for persons with content knowledge in health behavioral or physical equity, community development, child or family support systems, or juvenile justice. More than one position is currently available.
- Provide evaluation and evaluation capacity building services;
- Ensure technical quality control over assigned research, evaluation, and other services or tasks;
- Professionally manage Community Science projects and tasks people and budgets;
- Organize and analyze complex data and summarize and present findings;
- Write and produce reports and presentations for scientists, practitioners, and the general public; and
- Work with other senior staff on proposal writing and conducting marketing activities.
- Masters in a social science, public health or related field with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience;
- Strong evaluation experience of strategies that use place-based, systems change, or environmental approaches in addressing health disparities, childhood trauma, as well as promoting, immigrant integration, community development, economic equity, or systems of care for children and families;
- Staff supervisory experience and skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in mixed methods evaluation i.e., both qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Analysis skills, including ability to supervise the use of computer analysis tools e.g., STATA or other statistical software, Atlas.ti;
- Strong communication written and verbal skills; and
- Ability to travel.
- Doctoral degree
- Experience in a professional services or consulting organization
- Demonstrated experience in organizational learning through evaluation capacity building as well as familiarity with this field of practice
- Successful experience conducting research or evaluation cross culturally
- Adult education, facilitation, and group dynamics training and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.
Visit our web site http://www.communityscience.com for a more detailed description of our organization.
Connecting knowledge with social change