Associate -- Research & Capacity Building
Washington, DC Area
At Community Science, we not only believe in diversity and inclusion but also practice it. Our values as a company mean we provide job-based learning and growth opportunities. Our diverse workforce is a commitment to the communities and clients with whom we work. We have a learning culture and collaborate with each other to achieve our mission. Our talented team thrives in our team-based, participatory, and fun-loving work environment.
Community Science is looking for a full-time Associate to lead evaluation and technical assistance tasks for national and local initiatives across the US. You will work with public agency and nonprofit representatives, community leaders, evaluators, and others on federal, state, and foundation initiatives.
You have the knowledge, skills, and experience working in the areas of health equity, housing development, workforce development, or economic development to effect community and systems change to promote healthy communities, families, and children in order to address social problems.
You must be well organized, have high standards for your work, and be committed to scientific rigor and progressive social change through community capacity building.
As an Associate, your responsibilities are to:
- Lead small projects and advanced project tasks under senior staff supervision;
- Ensure technical quality control over assigned research, evaluation, and other tasks;
- Provide technical assistance and other capacity-building support to non-profit and other organizations;
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and other data collection or analysis activities;
- Summarize findings and write major sections of reports pertaining to findings and their implications with minimal supervision; and
- Write technical sections for proposals and other assistance on business development opportunities.
- Masters in geography, psychology, social science or related field, doctoral degree preferred;
- Five years or more of professional services experience in the implementation of evaluations of community-based or systems change projects minimally two years post-graduation. Experience in professional services or consulting organization strongly preferred;
- Prior knowledge or research experience in at least one area of community change e.g. housing and economic development, workforce development, systems change, racial equity, or community capacity building. Evaluation capacity building experience highly desirable;
- Successful experience conducting research or evaluation cross culturally;
- Prior task management and staff supervisory experience and skills;
- Ability to multi-task, attention to details, and meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative research skills, including multiple regression analysis, data collection, and management;
- Analysis skills, including the use of computer analysis tools e.g. ArcGIS, STATA, MS Access;
- Ability to travel;
- Strong communication written and verbal skills including publications in scientific or practitioner outlets; and
- Proficiency in foreign languages and cultures are an advantage.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Visit Community Science Careers to apply and communicate with us.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE