We are seeking a full-time Analyst with strong analytic skills to support research and capacity building tasks for national and local initiatives across the U.S. You will work with public agencies and non-profit representatives, community leaders, evaluators, and others working on federal, state, and foundation initiatives. We will rely on your knowledge, skills, and experience in our evaluations of community and systems change initiatives that intend to foster healthy communities by advancing political, economic, social, and health equity and dismantling racism. Our work addresses social issues such as poverty, equitable community development, developing powerful citizenry, addressing inadequate systems of care, substance abuse, violence, and crime. Analysts also can participate in evaluation and other capacity building tasks for members of community-based organizations and others. We are looking for people who are well organized, have high standards for their work, and are committed to both scientific rigor and progressive social change.
· Master's degree in data science and analytics, urban planning, public health, psychology, sociology or other social science.
· Prior evaluation or research experience as well as some knowledge in at least one area of community change e.g., community organizing, public health, community development, early childhood development, workforce development, or juvenile justice.
· Proficiency in applying quantitative research skills, including experience with administrative data sets, databases, data collection and management. Experience or interest in qualitative methods would be a plus.
· Geospatial data analysis skills are essential. Proficiency in applying statistical methods and data processing packages e.g. STATA, R, Tableau, Python, etc. is preferred;
· Ability to travel; and
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary and Benefits: Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and financial and other strong supports for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Go to Community Science Careers to apply and communicate with us. No phone calls please Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.